CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Good Morning






Good Morning - I want to start by saying how easy this project is to do. This is a practical gift for any season. I made some for Christmas gifts, but this one is for a challenge over at Sew My Cards. This is a magnetic refrigerator clipboard used for notes.

Material Needed:

1. One clipboard. Found at Michael's for $1.99. It measures 6"x 9".
2. Image of your choice. This cute image is from sewmycards.com. It is a digital stamp which I manipulated to form 4 different sized images.
3. One piece of cardstock. If you use a 12" x 12" piece of cardstock you can get two clipboards.
4. Contrasting paper - scraps
5. Ribbons and other embellies of your choice.
6. Magnetic tape.
7. Corner punch and any other punch you want to use.
8. Tape
9. Notepad - 3" x 5" found at any store.


I started by using a blank piece of paper 6" by 9" and cut out the top for the clip. Once I had my template I transferred the design to cardstock.

Once you have your design cut out, round the corners using your corner punch. (The one I use the most I found at Walmart for $4.00).

Now place it on the clipboard and align to the top and edges. Start at the top by gently folding back the edges and taping the paper to the clipboard. Continue taping until cardstock is attached to clipboard.

Print or stamp an image of your choice and then color using any medium you want to use. Mat the image onto a piece of scrap cardstock.

Attach the image where you decide it will look good and then start embellishing it. I used Martha Stewart snow punches, but any punch will do.

Apply ribbon at the top in the open slat, then attach the magnetic tape to the back. Open up the clip and attach the notebook.

I gave these as gifts and coordinated the colors to my friends' kitchen decor. What fun to make and give.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment.