CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Challenge 15 - Anything Goes

Hello all and welcome to a new challenge at Craft Us Crazy.  Our sponsors this time are from August 18 - August 24 Robyn Fetish and from August 25 to August 31 The Pixie Cottage.   Please check them out as I know you will find something you will fancy.

I choose to use the rubber stamp called Dew Drop Dahlia from the Pixie Cottage.  I just love this stamp and I wanted to do a tag.   I also want to tell you that this stamp is deeply etched which made a beautiful impression.  I got the Tim Holtz's Distress Stains in and I just had to try this technique.   

I stamped using VersaMark onto a regular purchased tag.  Then I embossed with Stampedous White Opaque embossing powder.   I then colored the entire tag with Tim Holtz's Distress Stain - Broken China.  I colored the dahlia with copics (V15, V17, YG67, Y15).   Hint:  If you get the color on the embossing area just use your colorless blender to remove the unwanted color.   Then I used Distress Inks (Dusty Concord, Tea Dye) to add more color and added stickles for a little bling on the dew drops.  Ribbon was from JoAnn's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment.